True to our mission, Sodexo is committed to improving the Quality of Life of its employees and all those it serves throughout the world and contributing to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries where it operates.
Since its founding, Sodexo has worked to contribute to the economic and social development of the communities, regions and countries where it operates. Sodexo is committed to making a positive impact through its activities on local people’s Quality of Life.
Fight against hunger and malnutrition
Sodexo’s commitment to fight hunger and malnutrition goes back to 1996. To expand our efforts and effectiveness, Sodexo created an independent non-profit organization (named Stop Hunger) in 2014 through which it will channel the hunger fighting activities of Sodexo, our employees and other stakeholders.
- Sodexo continues to engage employees, suppliers, clients and consumers in the fight against hunger and malnutrition, including: Servathon (Sodexo’s global annual employee volunteer food collection and serving event)
- payroll giving
- sale of cause-related products
- skills-based volunteering
- donations of surplus food to food banks
- community gardens used to train skills and provide food
Supply Chain Inclusion Program
We will promote the economic development of diverse and inclusive businesses through our Supply Chain Inclusion Program in all the countries where we operate by 2020.
Fairly traded certified products
Sodexo is actively supporting the fair trade market, thereby helping local producers and contributing to communities’ economic and social development through:
- Sourcing fairly traded certified products;
- Developing permanent offers and promotional activities that include fair-trade products;
- Helping suppliers develop in order for them to achieve accreditation;
- Participating in and supporting fair-trade events;
- Working with recognized international and local organizations to identify potential fair-trade products listings;
- Establishing strategic partnerships with associations and certification organizations